Chocolate Carrot CakeFrom janetk 7 years ago
- 2 Cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tsp each baking powder and baking soda shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 Medium carrots, shredded coarse (about 2 cups) shopping list
- For cream cheese frosting: shopping list
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar shopping list
- For chocolate glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 Cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 Ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) shopping list
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 Cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour two 9x2 inch round cake pans.
- 2. Into a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 3. In another large bowl, beat together eggs and oil on low speed until well combined.
- 4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- 5. Stir in carrots and pour batter into the prepared pans.
- 6. Bake cake layers in middle of oven for 35-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Cool cake, on a rack, 10 minutes and then invert onto rack to cool completely.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1. In a medium size bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- 2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Spread frosting on top of 1 cake layer and top with other layer.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until chocolate is melted and glaze is smooth.
- 2. Remove from heat and cool glaze slightly. Spread glaze over top and sides of cake. Chill until set.
The Cookjanetk Winnsboro, LA
The Rating6 people
wow - great recipe! I never even heard of a chocolate carrot cake either.....gotta be good for ya.....vegetables?! yeah right!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
YUP DEFINITLY GOT TO BE GOOD FOR YA. I'LL BE SAVING THIS ONE. THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Like the rest make print and save picture looks good too thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!