Carrot Raisin CookiesFrom lori4flavor 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp each baking soda, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 2 medium-large) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (I use golden raisins) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, backing soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats in a large bowl, mix well.
- Combine butter, eggs, and honey in large bowl of an electric mixer; beat well. Mix in carrots. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Spoon mixture by rounded tablespoons onto greased large baking sheets, placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 F until cookies feel firm when touched (12 to 14 mins.). Transfer to racks and let cool.
- *Makes approx. 48 cookies
- * You could also ice them with cream cheese frosting!
The Cooklori4flavor Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
SOUNDS GREAT, THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
These cookies sound packed with goodness and delicious! Love oats and carrots here!juels in Clayton loved it
These sound oustandingly delicious Lori. I can't wait to make them for a healthy treat! Hubby will be very happy:) Many thanks.
PS I prefer golden raisins too.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it