CINNAMON SUGAR CRUSTED SWEET BREADFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 5 c Sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 3 tb butter OR oil shopping list
- 1 active dry yeast (use 2 Packages if time is short) shopping list
- 1 c Warm water (105 - 1150F) shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 c Melted butter shopping list
- 2 ts ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 ts anise extract OR shopping list
- 1/4 c Aniseeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Sift flour, 1 cup sugar and salt together. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. If using oil, stir oil into liquid ingredients after adding the egg.
- 2. Dissolve yeast in warm water, stir vigorously, and allow to ferment for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the egg and anise extract or aniseeds.
- 3. Add a small quantity of the flour mixture to the yeast and beat until thoroughly blended. Let stand for a few minutes, or until dough becomes light and airy.
- 4. Add the rest of the flour mixture, adding more flour if necessary to make a stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured board until satiny.
- 5. Butter the top of the dough, cover with wax paper and let rise until doubled.
- 6. When the bread has risen, punch it down, and let it rise until doubled again.
- 7. Knead the dough slightly, then form into balls the size of an orange. With a rolling pin, flatten to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- 8. Prepare a topping by mixing together the melted butter, remaining 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Spread topping on all sides of the rolls.
- 9. Let rolls rise until light and about doubled in size. When nearly doubled, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Slice thinly and butter generously with soft butter. Arrange slices on a platter as desired. They will keep for 2 to 3 days at room temperature when well wrapped.
- Maximum recommended freezer storage: 3 months
- Makes 8 to 10 small loaves.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating7 people
LOVE it!! Can't wait to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Oh, man...I sooo wish I was NOT on a diet right now! Oh well, bookmarked for later when I reach my goal and want to reward myself with a little treat!meals4abby in Valders loved it
Sounds killer good. I like that you added anise. This recipe makes me very hungry.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!