Rosca de ReyesFrom magali777 6 years ago
- 30 grams, yeast shopping list
- 11/2 kg flour shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange flower water shopping list
- 11/2 cups milk shopping list
- 300 grams sugar shopping list
- 300 grams butter shopping list
- 250 grams candied fruits shopping list
- 1 small plastic (you can put 4 if the rosca is big enough) shopping list
How to make it
- With your hands or with a fork, mix well the yeast with ½ kilo flour, adding slowly ½ cup of milk (room temperature). When all ingredients have been mixed well, remove a section of the dough, shape it into the form of a ball, and allow the dough to grow to about double its original size.
- With the remaining kilo of flour, make a hollowed out mound on the baking sheet. In the center, put all of the remaining ingredients. Slowly mix flour in with the other ingredients, until all of the flour has been well incorporated into the mix.
- When the dough containing the yeast has doubled in size, mix it in with the other dough, until they are completely united (you must get all off of your hands as well). With a spatula, removethe dough that is stuck to the baking sheet and mix it in as well. Place the dough into a greased baking pan, and cover with a piece of cloth, waiting until again, it doubles in size. Keep in mind that the dough will take approximately two hours to double in size, and it is necessary that you must do this three separate times before putting it in the oven to bake.
- When the dough has doubled in size for the second time, put in on the baking sheet and rotate it. Place the doll or other object of your choosing somewhere in the middle of the dough. Make a long strip with the dough and make and attach both ends to make a circle. Place in a pan that has been both greased and dusted with flour. Give form to the circle by leaving plenty of space between it and the edge of the pan, as it will again double its size. Pre-heat the oven while the dough leavens once more.
- When the dough has doubled its size once more, you may decorate the top with the candied fruits, lightly cover the top with beaten egg to give it a shiny finish it off by sprinkling the sugar on top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and let it cool off.
- Here in Mexico we add a white covering part made out with butter, sugar, flour and eggs., as you can see in the picture, it´s delicious.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating10 people
This is spectacular Magali you talked about this in Checkin Central. How wonderful what a great tradition. Thank you for sharing.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
thx maga for sharing...delicious.....hi5angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Wow !!!!!fantastic magali i just love it sweetie
beautiful too .thank you so much
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it