Baked Ziti With Meatballs And RicottaFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 pound box ziti pasta shopping list
- 2 jars Prego 3 cheese pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder or salt shopping list
- ¼ cup dehydrated diced onions shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 pint ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated Italian blend cheese (or blend of asiago, romano and provolone) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely diced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 recipe Italian meatballs (recipe posted separately: meatballs.html">Italian meatballs) shopping list
- 2 cups grated Italian blend cheese, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare ziti as directed on box; drain well.
- Heat pasta sauce in pan, adding sugar, garlic salt or powder, and onions, adjusting seasoning to your taste.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and stir in cheeses and parsley.
- Prepare meatball recipe and cook meatballs to almost done (leaving them just a little underdone will prevent overbaking when baking the casserole).
- In a large roasting pan or similar pan, spread some of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix remaining sauce with the cooked ziti and then place ½ of the ziti mixture in the bottom of the pan on top of the sauce layer.
- Drop/spread the ricotta cheese mixture over the ziti layer.
- Place the remaining half of ziti mixture over the cheese layer.
- Place the meatballs over the top of the ziti mixture.
- Cover meatball layer with the 2 cups Italian cheeses.
- Bake at 325 degrees until heated through and bubbly – about 45 minutes to an hour.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
You're right about this being a great dish for party food! This all sounds delicious to me so let me add this to my grocery list for Friday's dinner! YUM!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
yep bring it on!!!!! great recipes tonight krum .loving them all...........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Krum, You are making me fat. Lovely recipe.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!