Moms Cheese PieFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry shopping list
- 1tsp ground cinnamon,divided shopping list
- 1 3/4c ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4oz. cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 3Tbs confectioners sugar shopping list
- 11/2tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Separate 1 egg.In a small bowl,lightly beategg white;set aside. In another small bowl,combine egg and egg yolk;set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface,unroll pastry;cut in half. Roll out one half of pastry into 8" circle. Transfer to 7" pie plate;trim pastry even with edge. Brush with egg white;sprinkle with 1/2tsp cinnamon.
- In a large bowl,combine cheeses,confectioners sugar,cornstarch,vanilla,salt and egg mixture. Pour into prepared pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim,seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush remaining egg white over pastry;sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 mins or ttill knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Another winner! FIVE
Elaine ~:+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Mmmmm pleclare very yummy sounding anything with mom has to be good right????
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Does sound delish! I can almost taste it already! Thanks for another great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it