Wild Rice Pilaf with Dried Cranberries and PecansFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil shopping list
- 3 large shallots minced shopping list
- 2 cups wild rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat bring stock to a simmer.
- In a heavy 2-quart flameproof casserole over medium heat melt butter with the oil.
- Add shallots and sauté until translucent,
- Add rice and stir until the grains are well coated about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the simmering stock, dried cranberries, bay leaf, thyme, sea salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then stir and cover.
- Transfer casserole to the oven and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Stir in the pecans and parsley.
- Serve hot or warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!