Buttery Corn BreadFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup butter ( I also tried this with 1 cup or 2 sticks and it was wonderful too ) softend to room temp shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup sweet milk ( not buttermilk ) shopping list
- 2 1/ 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal- i used yellow stone ground shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
- Pour into a well greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 400F 22 to 27minutes OR until a toothpick comes out clean in center.
- it took 30 minutes in my oven and since I baked in pyrex, I lowered oven temp 25F to 375F
- Cool to warm, cut and serve.
- Note: I froze my leftovers
- Nicoles comment: melt in your mouth served with butter and syrup
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating10 people
Growing up, sweet cornbread was a must in my house. My mom preferred the traditional kind but she was out voted. Great recipe! I can taste it now all slathered with butter. :)angelgirl94 in Reidsville loved it
This will be great with some butter on top...yum!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds good, bookmarked it and gave you a 5 alsohenrie in Savannah loved it