Pistachio MuffinsFrom jmatthews00 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup soft butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rum shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground California pistachios shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped California pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter with sugar and vanilla until creamy and light-colored.
- Beat in eggs, l at a time. Beat in milk and rum.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, ground pistachios, baking powder, salt, spices and lemon peel.
- Add this mixture to the butter-sugar mixture just until blended (don’t overmix). Lightly fold in 1/4 cup chopped pistachios.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line cups with muffin papers.
- Evenly portion batter into cups. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios. Bake for 30 minutes or until done
- Tip: Pulse pistachios in a food processor until coarsely ground.
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating8 people
I am not only a pistachio "freak" but also love to make muffins! She shoots, she scores! Five for you, j. Thanks for the post,
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Okay, jmatt! Made these for the Recipe Swap, and let me first and foremost say, they tasted fantastic! They taste like a quick bread, yet the texture is so much better...like a muffin, who knew. ;) The ONLY problem I had was most certainly operator...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
Saw this in the "I made this" group. They sound divine with all the great spices going on! bookmarked and will try soon!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!