Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus SaladFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- DRESSING shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh scallions (wash and dry before chopping) shopping list
- SALAD shopping list
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 1 pound medium shrimp (about 30), shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 cups spring mix, rinsed and dried shopping list
- ½ oz sliced red onion shopping list
- 4 oz cherry or grape tomatoes (halved) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, lemon juice, scallions and garlic.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified, and season with salt and pepper.
- Dressing may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bring dressing to room temperature before proceeding.
- Stir in chives.
- Have a large bowl of ice and cold water ready. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus with slotted spoon to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus in colander and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a pre heated sauté pan, add oil, chopped garlic, and crushed red pepper, sauté briefly and add shrimp, cook to just done, about 2 minutes, hold.
- In bowl toss together 1/3 cup dressing, asparagus, shrimp, spring mix, tomatoes, onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle salad with some of remaining dressing.
- Garnish with cheese.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
That dressing is wonderful Sparrow I love everything about this recipe the asparagus keeps fresh bright green using this method.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Sounds very tasty! Love asparagus in salads, and the dressing does sound unique and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
great tasty recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it