Tomato Gorgonzola SoupFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 large yellow onions,chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,chopped shopping list
- 3Tbs flour shopping list
- 2oz.(1/4c)cognac shopping list
- 11/2lbs red-skinned potatoes,peeled and quartered shopping list
- 4c low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 35 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes,crushed,juices reserved shopping list
- 23/4c heavy cream shopping list
- 2/3c crumbled gorgonzola cheese,plus more for garnish shopping list
- 2/3c fresh basil,plus more for garnish shopping list
- kosher salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 2tsp cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in large stockpot over med. heat. Add the onions and cook till softened,about 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant ,about 2 mins.. Add the flour and cook until lightly toasted,about 2 mins. Add the cognac and scrape ther pan with wooden spoon to release any browned bits.
- Add the potatoes and broth to the stockpot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are tender,about 15 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices,cream,gorgonzola and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Using immersion blender,or in batches in blender,puree till smooth. Add the vinegar and serve in warm bowls with more basil and gorgonzola.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- foodiefreak San Antonio, TX
- hmorse81 Leesburg, GA
- lorithompson Massena, NY
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- leebear Brookpark, OH
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
This sounds fabulous, pat! Thanks for the wonderful post and you get my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
The cognac and cider vinegar sound really interesting here. Can't wait to try this one, it sounds wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it
love this!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it