Shredded Beef EnchiladasFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 3 pound beef chuck roast shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces green chiles, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided shopping list
- 1 cup oil for frying shopping list
- 20 6" corn tortillas (I use flour tortillas & do not fry them) shopping list
How to make it
- Place chuck in large saucepan with tight-fitting lid.
- Pour in water, cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium/high.
- Once the water has boiled away, brown the roast on all sides.
- Pour in beef broth, vinegar, chili powder and 1 tablespoon cumin.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours OR until beef falls apart.
- Shred beef using two forks OR you fingers.
- Place meat back into pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In large skillet, saute the onion until just soft, not browned.
- Mix in flour and green chiles.
- Stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook out the flour taste.
- Stir in sour cream and 2 cups of Jack cheese.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often, until cheese melts.
- In heavy skillet, heat oil and dip tortillas to warm them. Drain on toweling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C)
- Spread 4 tablespoons sour cream mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Top with same amount of beef.
- Roll up and place seam-side down in 8x11" baking dish.
- Sprinkle enchiladas with Jack cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes OR until cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating11 people
The spices sound great here, they should marinade the meat nicely! Love the beautiful picture, too! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
I like that you used a chuck roast in place of ground beef most recipes call for.
Your spice blend is terrific.
Flagged as beautiful
Five forks and a smile:)trigger in loved it
Yeah baby. I could eat this for breakfast (like right now). Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it