Stuffed PeppersFrom chatombreux 7 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 6 green bell peppers shopping list
- 2 8-oz cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Place the rice and water in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly cooked (no pink).
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with open sides upward. Slice bottoms a bit to help sit upright.
- In a bowl, mixed the beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Spoon equal amounts into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining sauce and Italian seasoning together and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the pre-heated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- ALTERNATIVES: Use spaghetti sauce instead of mixing seasonings with tomato sauce. Use ground turkey or pork instead of beef. Use a large pot on the stove instead of baking in the oven. Used minced onion instead of powdered onion. Used minced garlic instead of powdered garlic. It all depends on your likes and preferences. I prefer stove-top because I don't have to keep taking the pan out of the oven to baste.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchatombreux Gloucester City, US
The Rating2 people
I enjoyed your peppers and so did my friends thanks it will be easy to say good bye to stoffers now. lol. thanksmaywest in Tangerine loved it
Hey thanks so much for the recipe!
I have 4 peach colored sweet peppers and 2 green in the fridge waiting to have some lean ground beef, the rice mixed together for the filling. I really like the way you seasoned the tomato sauce, with the Worce...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!