Shrimp with Mexican Sour CreamFrom riverred 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup Central American crema or Mexican crema shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel shopping list
- 2 dried small red chilies, coarsely chopped shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- Four 12-inch square pieces fresh banana leaf (or thawed if frozen) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 pound small zucchini, cut lengthwise into thin slices shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the barbeque for medium-high heat.
- Place the crema, cilantro, mint leaves, lime juice, zest and chilies in a blender and process until smooth. Season the crema sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the crema sauce to coat.
- Lay out 4 banana leaves on a work surface. Place 5 shrimp in the center of each banana leaf. Cover the shrimp with the remaining crema sauce.
- Wrap the banana leaves over the shrimp and crema sauce as for a burrito to enclose completely, then tie the packet with kitchen twine to secure closed.
- Place the packets on the grill rack of the barbeque and cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a large bowl to blend. Add the zucchini slices and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the shrimp packets from the barbeque and set aside while you grill the zucchini.
- Grill the zucchini on the grill rack over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Place one packet of shrimp on each plate and open. Surround the shrimp with the grilled zucchini.
- Drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
The Cookriverred Toledo, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!