Apple Fancy Cake - GermanFrom lor 7 years ago
- Topping: shopping list
- 25 g butter 2 Tbsp. shopping list
- 750 g apples shopping list
- Note: 1 Pound = 453.59237 Grams shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 125 g soft margarine or butter - 5/8 cup shopping list
- 125 g sugar - 5/8 cup shopping list
- 1 pkg Dr. Oetker vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 2-3 drops lemon essence shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 200 g all-purpose flour - 2 cups shopping list
- 2 level tsp. Dr. Oetker baking powder shopping list
- 3-4 tsp. milk shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 6 tsp. apricot jam shopping list
- 2 tsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven at the top and bottom. Grease the base of a springform tin.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small pan.
- Wash the apples, peel, cut into quarters, remove the core and make several lengthwise slits in each of the quartered apple pieces.
- To make the cake mixture, work the softened margarine or butter with a hand mixer with whisk until it becomes smooth and homogenous. Gradually add the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and lemon flavouring. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Add 1 egg at a time, whisking each one for about 1/2 minute at the highest setting.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder, sift and add to the butter or margarine and egg mixture in 2 stages, alternating with the milk, briefly stirring with the mixer at the medium setting.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the springform tin and smooth out the surface. Arrange the apple quarters like a wreath on top and pour the melted butter over the apples.
- Put the tin on a shelf in the oven.
- Oven Temperatures:
- Top/bottom heat: about 180°C/350°F (preheated)
- Fan oven: about 160°C/325°F (not preheated), Gas mark 4 (not preheated)
- Baking time: about 45 minutes.
- To make the apricot glaze, rub the apricot jam through a sieve and bring to the boil in a small saucepan together with the water. Coat the cake with the apricot glaze immediately after taking the cake out of the oven. Release the springform tin and remove the cake. Leave on a rack to cool down.
- NOTE: This recipe was published in the book German Baking Today by Dr. Oetker Verlag (ISBN 978-3-7670-0599-0).
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
wow !!!another beauty too thank you keep going lol
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds delicious and looks beautiful! You got my 5 and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
Hey there Lor. Great recipe and high 5 to boot!shazam in New York loved it
German GermanAmerican Food156 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Companys Coming115 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
A Tea Party71 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members