Crabmeat MornayFrom rottman 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease 1 to 1 1/2-quart casserole or 4 to 5 individual ones.
- Pick over crabmeat and discard any bits of shell or cartilage.
- Mix egg yolks with light cream.
- Add Bechamel Sauce (reserving 2 tablespoons for topping), butter, salt, and crabmeat.
- Turn mixture into prepared casserole or casseroles.
- Combine remaining sauce with whipping cream and spread over top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° F. for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Note: In place of the sauce-cream topping, 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise can be substituted.
- (4-5 servings )
- Bechamel Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot milk or 1 cup hot milk and 1 cup hot CHICKEN STOCK
- 1 small onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and onion together but do not brown.
- Stir in flour and remove from heat.
- Add hot milk or milk and chicken stock mixture and continue to stir rapidly until sauce is smooth.
- Return to heat, stirring continuously until sauce comes to a boil. Gently simmer and stir 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- (makes 2 1/4 cups)
- Both recipes from The Williamsburg Cookbook, 1975.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating5 people
Oh boy, I could just feel the calories attaching themselves, but what the heck, this one is worth the risk. A very high 5 for this. My printer is ready to fly.brianna in loved it
Yet another wonderful crab recipe, Rottman! Perfect.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Definately A High 5555555555555
Awesome Recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!