OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIESFrom bestcooker 7 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (optional) shopping list
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats or quick cooking oats shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir in egg, water, and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins, nuts, and wheat germ, if using. Stir in oats.
- Roll dough into balls and place 3 inches apart on greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly with finger. Cool a few minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Note: The first time my son made these by himself (at about age 10 or 11), he accidentally put in 2 teaspoons of vanilla instead of the 1 teaspoon the original recipe called for. The cookies tasted so much richer that now I make the same “mistake” every time.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating8 people
Delicious! Loved that these had wheat germ in them. A nice change. Made half the batch plain and half with the raisins. Mr. Slj has been scarfing these babies up! Thanks for posting BC!! Even my girls are really enjoying these. Will definately make t...moreslj6lori in Succasunna loved it
Wish I had some now :)donman in Hammond loved it
My niece and I made these today with dried cranberries since we aren't big raisin fans. These are fabulous! The kids have eaten almost half. Love them with the wheat germ and they do too. Thanks Best your cookies have yet to disappoint!sanzoe in Minnetonka loved it