Cindys Whole Wheat BreadFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 2 packages active dry yeast (Hodgson Mill suggested brand) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (Hodgson Mill suggested brand) shopping list
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Graham flour (Hodgson Mill suggested brand) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Safflower or sunflower oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups Best for bread flour, divided (Hodgson Mill suggested brand) shopping list
How to make it
- Put water is a large glass bowl; add yeast and stir to dissolve.
- Add brown sugar, gluten and whole wheat graham flour; beat well, about 300 strokes.
- Let yeast develop for about 10 minutes.
- Add oil and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups of the bread flour and beat well; work in enough of the remaining bread flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 to 8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in large oiled bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover bowl with a clean towel; let rise in a warm, draft free place about one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and form each piece into a loaf.
- Place in greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise about 45 minutes, or until nearly doubled.
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake loaves for about 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Bread is done when it slips easily from the pan and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Let cool on wire racks.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
This sound disgustingly healthy, but very good, Thanks for the recipe Krum.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Oh my, I can't wait to make this bread. I need to pick up some yeast, when I go to the store.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
made similar so I know its good!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!