Lentil Squash SoupFrom boofie 8 years ago
- 1 cup dry lentils shopping list
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash shopping list
- 1 qt vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced fine shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp carraway seed shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam marsala shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Steam cubed squash in microwave or pot 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to food processor and add 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Puree until smooth (a few chunks are alright).
- In a heavy pot, heat 1-2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, carraway seed, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until onion and garlic are tender.
- Add remaining broth, squash puree, lentils, and remaining spices and mix well to combine. Bring soup to a boil and reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Allow to simmer 30-40 minutes or until lentils are done.
- Enjoy with hearty bread and a nice white zinfandel or chardonnay... whichever best suits your tastes
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating3 people
I love it and that addition of the garam marsala sounds wonderful lentils are so good.
Five forks ans a smile :)trigger in loved it
This was wonderful. It's a cool rainy day here today and this totally hit the spot. Full review on the "I Made It" Group. Thanks so much. Great post!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!