Italian Sausage Peppers Onions And Mushrooms Sandwiches In Red SauceFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 8 links sweet or hot Italian sausages shopping list
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large green bell peppers, cored and slice shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and sliced shopping list
- 2 large yellow bell peppers cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 small can of mushroom slices shopping list
- 1 14oz. can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 6oz. can of tomatoe paste shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1 pinch of dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 8 hoagie buns, about 6" long (crusty style) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add sausages and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until sausages are cooked through. Stir often.
- The remove and place on a plate...
- Now add the peppers, onions and garlic to the same pan that you cooked your sausages in...cooking until tender but not mush...
- now add the tomatoes, tomatoe paste and water
- now add sausages back to the pan on medium heat about 30 more minutes to simer in flavors.
- Serve sausages with peppers and onions in hoagie buns
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating6 people
wow Hoagies and all these ingredients a must try print and save yummy thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I absolutely love Italian Sausage Pepper & Onion Sandwiches. My mother used to make them when I was growing up. It's a tradition I carry on today. Sometimes I add a little very good spaghetti sauce. It's very messy but so delicious. Thanks for a...morechihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
This sounds like a fantastic comforting and oh so decadent sandwich. Love everything about this. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!