Mint MeltawaysFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 16 squares (16 oz.) semisweet chocolate, chopped or 2 2/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 TBSP. vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 TBSP. peppermint extract shopping list
- 2 TBSP. unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- mint baking chips, for decorating, optional shopping list
How to make it
- ***Cook time includes chilling time.***
- Line bottom of 8-inch square baking pan with waxed paper.
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat cream to simmering over medium heat. Immediately add hot cream and peppermint extract to chocolate mixture; with wire whisk, mix until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, tilting pan to spread mixture evenly. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
- With small metal spatula, loosen chocolate mixture from sides of pan. Lightly dust cutting board with cocoa; invert pan onto board. remove pan and discard waxed paper. Let candy stand 10 minutes at room temperature to soften slightly. With sharp knife, cut chocolate mixture into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 pieces.
- If using, place a mint baking chip on top of each piece for decoration, pressing the chip lightly onto each piece to adhere.
- To store, layer between waxed paper in airtight container. Refrigerate up to two weeks.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- travelengal Nowhere, Us
- tiffsy Nowhere, Us
- JessiTwanette Nowhere, Us
- fedizdiane Davao City, PH
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- gapeach55 Covington, GA
- walkingman Royal Oak, MI
- coconutgirl Camarillo, CA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating7 people
Sounds delish! Love chocolate and mint.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Chocolate? Mint? Together? To die for? I will be proud to have these on the candy server right alongside my truffles! Thanks, nat and my 5 goes out to you.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh, we love mint in our family! These sound decadent and look gorgeous! I have to beauty flag them, too!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!