Lettuce Sourdough BreadFrom 22566 4 years ago
- 1 Cup of your sourdough starter shopping list
- 1 Cup lettuce,finely chopped shopping list
- 2-1/2 Cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons Soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoons mace shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoons Ginge shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Cup honey(last years harvest) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoons lemon peel,grated shopping list
- 2 Farm Fresh eggs shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup nuts,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place sourdough in bowl,add honey,oil,lemon peel,eggs and milk .
- Add the dry ingredients and nuts,beating well.
- Stir in the lettuce.
- Place in greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool a bit and turn out on wire rack.
- ~Note: This is a moist loaf and will be better if you allow it to be stored for several hours before your slice into it~
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating5 people
Sounds really good! Interesting addition of lettuce here!juels in Clayton loved it
Very different and I like it! Thanks for your post, 22566 and you got my five. For the life of me, I couldn't imagine where the lettuce would come in!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Sourdough bread is so good!
Who woulda thunk it lettuce in bread!
Gotta try this one!olivia63 in Albuquerque loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!