Egg Salad And Pastrami SandwichFrom thegoldminer 7 years ago
- Two slices bread-I favor cracked wheat. shopping list
- 1 egg made into egg salad (directions below) shopping list
- 6 thin slices pastrami (cold) shopping list
- 4-6 Thin slices tomato shopping list
- Small handful? very thin sliced lettuce Iceberg shopping list
- Very thin sliced onion (optional, but I usually put it on, forgot, dum) shopping list
- Prepared horseradish shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
- mustard very little(forgot to put it on the bread, dum again) shopping list
- Another thing to add to the egg salad for this sandwich or just an egg salad sandwich is chopped olives. If you have never done this, the chopped olives you can buy in the little can are just awesome to me in the salad. Yummmmmmmmmmmm! shopping list
- I always order this sandwich at Delis. One Deli shop put it on as a daily special and it became the favorite daily special. shopping list
- This sandwich is based on the egg salad. Another combination is using roast beef. shopping list
How to make it
- Its not just the ingredients, its how they are assembled.
- Mayonnaise spread lightly but must be edge to edge, no dry spots.
- Small squirt of mustard, spread edge to edge, working the mustard into the mayo.
- Egg salad. Mash egg, add a little mayo, mustard, about 1/8 teaspoon of horseradish(optional), lightly salt and pepper. Mix.
- Spread the egg salad, edge to edge.
- Sprinkle a little pepper on the egg salad.
- Place pastrami on egg salad but not in layers. Bunch it up as in side view. Layered is yucky, gives wrong chewing and taste sensations.
- Place thin sliced tomatoes on other piece of bread again trying to cover edge to edge.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tomatoes, brings out the flavor.
- Place very thin shaved lettuce evenly on tomatoes. Don't make a big pile in the center. I cut a head of Iceberg in half, then it is possible to shave very thin slices down the face of the lettuce. The thinner and finer is better. Leafs of lettuce don't work, crunching through the leaf is wrong feeling when biting into this sandwich.
- If using onion, place broken up very thin sliced rings on lettuce.
- Turn the egg and pastrami side onto the lettuce and tomato to complete the sandwich.
- It is best if you fold a large paper towel (Costco has the best paper towels) into a quartered sheet.
- Wrap the folded paper towel around the bottom half.
- Its when you chew and get all the ingredients mixed in your mouth is when you enjoy this sandwich.
- Many flavors and textures, very good stuff. A lot of times I get the strangest look when ordering this sandwich but the mix of ingredients is delicious.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
Wouldnt have thought about putting these two together.... but its a great idea.... you did good...and it looks wonderful... you can just reach in and grab it.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
JJ, well I made the sandwich. Aside from my eye twitching because you were SO PRECISE on your instructions, I loved it!!! I did everything to the letter BUT now I have a question for you. You said to put mayo and a little mustard on the bread. I ...moreshandy in Port Orchard loved it
Oh man, your pictures are going to become a full time job. Glad your obsessed, because I am totally making out with these great recipes. I have to admit that nothing is better than having follow-along pictures to make sure I am still on track. It ...moreshandy in Port Orchard loved it