Nothing To It-Cast Iron Corn BreadFrom keni 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place fat in 8-10inch cast iron skillet and leave in oven while preheating to 450.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt
- Add eggs and fold in to combine
- Add 1T of now melted fat(carefully!) and buttermilk, not quite all at once, and mix just until moistened, to form a pourable batter.
- Let rest 10 minutes
- Pour into skillet and bake 20-25 minutes until edges pull away from sides and top is a golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter and honey!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
This is the kind of cornbread that I love! Thanks for the post.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I love that this is cooked in a cast iron pan! Looks so comforting! Added this to "Cast iron cooking" for you.juels in Clayton loved it
Hi Keni! I have been looking for a simple corn bread recipe...this is my mission - to make corn bread (not from a box) in my cast iron pan. My friends just laugh and eat the latest batch I made. I'll make it the next time I make something cajun (wit...moreangelinaw in St Louis loved it