butternut squash soup with coconut milkFrom onceuponatart 7 years ago
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- about 4-5cm long piece of ginger, peeled and cut in fine strips shopping list
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 kilo), peeled and cut in large cubes shopping list
- 1 liter vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 liter of coconut milk shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- pumpkin seeds and pita chips, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- heat some olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and ginger and braise until soft. add butternut squash and roast for about 2-3 minutes. then add the stock and bring to a boil. reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until butternut squash is soft.
- if you have loads of stock left, take some out of the pan, using a large soup ladle. you just want your veggies to be covered in liquid. then add some of the coconut milk and mix with a handheld mixer until you get a very smooth soup. add more coconut milk if desired. then season with some salt and freshly ground pepper.
- sprinkle with some pumpin seeds, then serve with some flatbread pita chips.
The Cookonceuponatart Zurich, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!