Korean Bean Sprout Soup Kong Na Mul GukFrom littlesponger 8 years ago
- 1/2 bag bean sprouts shopping list
- 12 large dried anchovies for broth. shopping list
- 3 dried kelp 10×10 cm size for broth. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1tsp or more of salt shopping list
- Optional: 1/2 tsp fish sauce (Three crabs Brand) shopping list
- a couple of drops of sesame seed oil shopping list
- 8 cups of water for broth shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the 8 cups of water into the pot and add the kelp and anchovies. Boil it. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In mean time, Rinse the sprouts in cold water and discard any bad beans.
- Remove & discard anchovies & kelp from broth. Then add the sprouts and garlic, salt, and boil it for 3-5 minutes. Add green onions, sesame seed oil, quickly boil once, then turn the heat off.
- *The sprouts should still have a crunchy texture.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating3 people
Oh thank you for posting this! I haven't had kongnamul guk since I was in Korea, and that was over 10 years ago!
I can't wait to make this. :)babsalaba in Syracuse loved it