Whiskey Apple PieFrom indicatorsrule1 7 years ago
- Your favorite double crust pie pastry shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 6 or 7 Golden Delicious or Pink Lady apples shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter cut into small pieces shopping list
- whipped cream or ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425. Place bottom crust in pie plate.
- Peel, core, and halve the apples. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices, about 7 or 8 cups.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk in bourbon whiskey and lemon juice until evenly blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until the mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add apples and stir until evenly coated. Continue cooking, stirring continuously, for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, stirring once or twice for 20 minutes.
- Pour apple mixture into the pie shell, mounding apples slightly in the center. Dot with butter and add the top crust. Cut several steam vents into top crust.
- Bake 25 minutes at 425. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake 45 minutes longer or until crust is brown and juices are bubbling.
- Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating3 people
very lovely recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I love the addition of whiskey here! Will definitely be making this one, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Hmmm - an apple pie that will make me dance! That sounds very good, and a different twist on the "usual"...gotta try this one (apple is the husband's fave) - thanks!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!