Spicy eggplantFrom aravi_vel 7 years ago
- eggplant diced - 1 large shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- fennel seeds - 1 tsp shopping list
- Nigella/Kalonji seeds - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- tomatoes chopped - 3 medium sized shopping list
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- coriander powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- oil - as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Put the eggplant in a bowl of cold water,wash them and drain the water.Then pat dry them with a towel.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them in medium heat until they turn reddish brown. Drain them in a tissue paper.
- Heat another pan and add little oil into it. When hot,add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add nigella seeds and fennel seeds and fry for a while.
- Then add chopped tomato and ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander powder,turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt and stir well.Cook it until gravy thickens.
- Add the fried eggplant into the gravy and mix gently.
- Simmer for 1 more minute, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.