Gamberoni Spinaci Carbonara For Two Or Shrimp Spinach CarbonaraFrom meileen 5 years ago
- 10 tiger shrimp, shelled, cleaned, devined shopping list
- cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 lemon wedge shopping list
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup bacon, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 Handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 bag of fusilli, or penne would work well shopping list
- Handful of basil, to garnish shopping list
- 2 full Ladles of pasta water shopping list
How to make it
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with Cajun Seasoning, and toss. In a large saute pan, heat oil and saute the shrimp for 1 minute, turning once. Set shrimp aside in a bowl, squeeze lemon wedge over it.
- In the same saute pan, heat a bit of Olive Oil and Garlic, add Spinach and saute until wilted, a couple seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Set the spinach aside in the bowl with the shrimp.
- Take the saute pan again, add a little bit of Olive Oil and fry the Bacon bits until it renders and becomes crispy. Leave the Bacon in the saute pan and turn off the burner.
- In a large metal or glass bowl (big enough to fit over the pot like a double boiler), mix together the Sour Cream and 1 handful of Parmesan Cheese, set aside. Scramble the egg yolks in a small bowl.
- When the salted water comes to a boil, add the pasta and boil to package directions, about 11 minutes. While the pasta is boiling, take the large metal bowl of Sour cream and Parmesan, hold it over the boiling water and stir the cream until it's soft and melted with the cheese, about 1 minute. When the cheese has melted take the metal bowl off the pot and slowly add the Egg yolks to the mixture, stirring rapidly to warm the Egg yolks. Set aside.
- This is where you work fast. . . . . . .drain the pasta reserving two ladles of pasta water, add the pasta to the saute pan with the bacon, toss. Add the Sour Cream/Egg yolk sauce, a ladle of pasta water, add remaining handful of Parmesan Cheese, the Shrimp and Spinach, toss gently or fold in.
- Turn the burner on LOW, and heat the pasta, add remaining ladle of pasta water, toss until sauce has thickened. Serve! Tear Basil over bowls for garnish.
The Cookmeileen Zhuhai GuangDong, CN
The Rating4 people
Oh yes. This looks awesome. Bacon and shrimp is a combo that cannot be denied.broadside in Richmond loved it
Ditto!! Very nice recipe Meileen. I love Tiger Shrimp!! I can almost taste it now.. Saved to my must try recipe box. Thanks for posting it...Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Your recipe sounds refreshingly light. Great pictures my kind of recipe.
Five forks and a great big smile:)trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!