Iron Skillet Baked Chicken BreastsFrom kyfishbucket 5 years ago
- 2 - 3 lb fresh chicken breasts, boned and skinned shopping list
- 1/8 cup lemon juice or ReaLemon shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- ½ tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Minced garlic (I use the kind you buy preminced in a jar) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups Warm water or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash breasts and pat dry with paper towel.
- Spray Pam in large iron skillet to coat bottom and sides for easy cleanup.
- Melt butter in skillet on stove burner. (Skillet should be hot enough to melt butter but not burn it. If it starts to smoke or turn brown, the skillet is too hot. You will need to take it off the burner to cool a minute or so and let the butter finish melting).
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to your taste and place them in the hot iron skillet, smooth side down. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat to brown. Turn pieces over. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the thyme, poultry seasoning, onion powder, oregano, garlic salt, and garlic into the warm water; add lemon juice and stir.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the chicken.
- Put lid on skillet or cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place skillet in 400 degree oven for the first 15 minutes. Then, without opening the door, turn the oven back to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour more.
- Remove from oven and check for doneness. Chicken breasts are done when juices run clear. It may take longer if you have more chicken, but usually this is plenty of time.
The Cookkyfishbucket Louisville, KY
The Rating3 people
Everything is so much better with the iron skillet. I have 5 iron skillets,lol.I have a recipe simular to this but without the Oregano. I will try it with Oregano, the next time.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love these flavors with chicken. Will have to try it in the iron skillet!! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I can't wait to try this! Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!