Riced PotatoesFrom pointsevenout 7 years ago
- 4 lb small to med red potatoes shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 cup warm milk shopping list
- ½ cup butter, unsalted, melted shopping list
- ½ cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese shopping list
- ½ cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Buy a potato ricer. It’s a great investment and time saver. It mashes the potatoes and removes the skins in one stroke.
- Cut potatoes in half. Add to stock pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover, simmer for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and save some of the potato water. Process potatoes through the potato ricer into a large bowl.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients until just incorporated. Rest 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in a little more. If the potatoes are a little too stiff add a little potato water until proper consistency. Please try not to stir the potatoes. A folding-in technique is better for light fluffy potatoes.