Poor Mans Pot RoastFrom dooley 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (We use ground turkey) shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- Veggies: shopping list
- 4 small carrots shopping list
- 3 stalks celery hearts chopped shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered, or 4 to 5 small potatoes shopping list
- 8 small white onions, frozen or fresh peeled or 1 onion cut in big pieces shopping list
- 4 cloves garlics sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients for meatloaf together gently. Form into a loaf and place in baking dish or pan big enough to hold meat and veggies. Arrange carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic and onions around meatloaf; season with salt and pepper. Add more ketchup on meatloaf. I add alittle water to the pan to help cook. Cover pan with foil; bake at 375° for about 50 min. uncover and baste meat loaf with pan juices and bake 15 - 20 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. serves 4.
- Preparation with out veggies:
- Mix all ingredients together gently. Form into a loaf and place in baking dish or loaf pan. Top with more ketchup if desired. Bake at 375° for about 1 hour.
- I like it served with fresh yellow squash sauteed with sliced red onions and garlic in butter and olive oil. see recipe posted
The Cookdooley Crossroads, TX
The Rating5 people
Just made meatloaf last Sunday....wish I'd thought to add the potatoes & carrots & all right to the roasting pan. You can bet I will the next time! Great idea and thanks for posting Dooley.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
This is comfort food at its best! I like your interesting addition of cracker crumbs here!juels in Clayton loved it
I love this recipe. I agree, some recipes can far too fancy-schmancy - these top chefs have a lot to answer for.
Thanks a lot! Hope you're having a great weekend!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!