Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom mbeards2 5 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups sifted, all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Citrus syrup-1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup orange liquer, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Sift together, the flour,salt and soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating after each addition.
- Add the extracts and vanilla. Beat well.
- Pour the batter into a floured and greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours or until the cake tests done.
- Cool for 15 minutes; then remove from the pan.
- Cool and frost, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar, or serve with Citrus Syrup.
- How to make the syrup- Combine all of the Citrus Syrup ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly pour cooled syrup over the pound cake. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice the cake and serve.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating3 people
Mmmm I saw a similar recipe today online somewhere.....Guess I gotta make yours! Bring over the orange liquer since I never have that stuff!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds very lovely! I bet sour cream makes it moist and tender!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds like a great recipe.joe1155 in Munchen loved it