Potatoes Con QuesoFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 8 ounce package shredded mexican cheese blend divided shopping list
- 2 ounce jar diced pimiento drained shopping list
- 4-1/2 ounce can chopped green chilies drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 pounds baking potatoes peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat then add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Cook whisking constantly for one minute.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese then remove from heat and stir until cheese melts.
- Add pimiento, green chilies, jalapeno pepper and salt stirring well.
- Place half the potato slices in a lightly greased baking dish and top with half cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers then cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes then uncover and bake 40 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake five more minutes.