Zuppa ToscanaFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 slices bacon in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 5 (13.75 ounce) cans chicken stock shopping list
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 bunch fresh spinach shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage and red pepper flakes in a Dutch oven over medium high heat until sausage is crumbly and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon pieces in same pot over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, leaving a few tablespoons of drippings in bottom of Dutch oven.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and saute 30 seconds more.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot with the bacon and onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 20 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in heavy cream and cooked sausage.
- Heat through.
- Mix spinach into soup just before serving.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating11 people
Hello there & Happy Valentine's Day!
You reminded me that I wanted to make some of that! I had that at Olive Garden not too long ago and that was one of the first things I asked about on this site and all it took was a few hours for people to su...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
So simple?! Wow! I adore soup, and this sounds like an antidote to cold nights.
Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie.pieplate in Claremont loved it
This sounds just wonderful, right to the save pile thanks for the post....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it