Harvest MuffinsFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup canned or mashed pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the egg white and yolks and set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, butter or margarine and egg yolks and beat with an instant mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, spices and the molasses and mix well with the mixer.
- Sift the baking powder into the flour.
- Add the flour/baking powder and cold coffee to the pumpkin mixture. Stir well until a thick batter is formed.
- (If you like, grind the walnut into smaller pieces with a mortar and pestle or a food processor).
- Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the beaten egg white into the batter.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
- The muffins are baked when a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
Absolutely lovely, kar. You got my 5!lacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
these have a nice twist on the usual muffins... thank you for a great post... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Yummers.....love pumpkin. Great post You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it