SHEPHERDS PIEFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- one 16 ounce package frozen peas and carrots, thawed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 C. dried chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- one 10-3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- mashed potatoes for topping (see note) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion together. Drain any grease well. Add peas and carrots, garlic, parsley, and pepper. Stir in soup and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 5-10 minutes. Spoon mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Spread mashed potatoes over top, sealing to edges. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until lightly browned (put a piece of foil under the casserole to catch any drips).
- Note: Three large potatoes mashed with milk and butter make enough topping for my 2-quart square Corning casserole.