Poulet A La Creme Chicken In CreamFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 8 pieces of chicken (broiler-fryer) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups of thinly sliced onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of good curry powder (fresh) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoky paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 3 cups of whipping cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy skillet saute chicken in butter over medium low heat for four to five minutes.
- DO NOT BROWN.
- Remove chicken.
- Stir onions into skillet, cover and cook slowly for five minutes.
- DO NOT BROWN
- Return chicken to skillet; cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- DO NOT BROWN
- Turn once only.
- Add salt, pepper, curry powder, paprika and wine.
- Turn up the heat and cook until it nearly evaporates.
- Place 2 1/2 cups of cream into a small saucepan; bring to a slow boil.
- Pour hot cream into skillet and simmer very gently with chicken for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat off the sauce in skillet. Boil rapidly stirring until it will coat a spoon.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to taste and more salt and pepper if needed.
- Smooth out the sauce with extra whip cream if needed.
- Pour over chicken in serving dish and garnish with parsley.
- With a tough chicken, it takes a long slow cook. These days I use boneless skinless chicken breasts and reduce the cooking time by almost half. It is wonderful served with roasted potatoes and peas. The curry sauce is rich and lightly seasoned.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating7 people
This is wonderful!!foodandaflick in Overland Park loved it
Sounds like good French cooking. I'll add this to my Frencg recipe file.vino4dino in Baltimore loved it
I am glad that you remembered your
'dream chicken' ! The seasoning sounds
fantastic and....you can't hurt anything with
sweet cream !
Thanks...mjcmcook...A "5"...!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it