Balsamic Glazed Strawberry Tart For Your ValentineFrom trigger 7 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons organic sugar shopping list
- juice from one organic orange shopping list
- 1-teaspoon organic cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons organic balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 pint of strawberries washed and cut in half shopping list
- balsamic vinegar glaze: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- juice from marinade shopping list
- parchment paper shopping list
- puff pastry sheet shopping list
- 2 table spoons organic sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 4 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- Marinade the strawberries for two hours or overnight in the cinnamon, sugar orange juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Thaw out the puff pastry per directions on package; I used one sheet for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut out heart shape from parchment paper with scissors large enough to make a tart about the height of the puff pastry sheet.
- Place the heart over the puff pastry, cut off the extra pastry, and set aside. Cut the outline of the heart using a pizza wheel or a knife.
- Make a slit about a half inch in from the edge of the heart with a sharp knife making sure not to go through the puff pastry.
- Do the same for the left over strip of puff pastry.
- Prick the infield of the heart with a fork.
- Whip the egg and milk together in a small bowl and brush a coating over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle tarts with organic sugar.
- Place the strawberries in a decorative fashion in the middle of the tart.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar on each tart.
- Bake tart in the center of the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Mean while in a small pan place, the marinade and brown sugar and heat until it boils reduce heat and simmer until the balsamic and sugar is reduced to thick syrup.
- Remove tarts from oven and glaze with balsamic reduction syrup.
- Serve to your Valentine
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating14 people
Oh, how rustic and beautiful is that! I love balsamic vinegar here, it goes so great with sweet things!juels in Clayton loved it
Thank you for this wonderful recipe.I am a big fan of Balsamic and strawberry being paired together. This is a very inovative recipe that Iam eagerly waiting to try. 5 from me.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Looks great... This sounds like something I could actually pull off....... ;-)~~ Saving for the next time I want to impress my sweetie....;-)~jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Top Chef102 members
Organic And Natural148 members
Checkin Central284 members
Be My Valentine34 members
Marinades Rubs And Glazes90 members
YOUNG AT HEART49 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members
Checkins Round Table39 members