Buffalo Black Beans N Beer ChiliFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 pound ground buffalo (available at Kroger) shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 3 (10-ounce) cans rotel brand tomatoes (with green chiles) shopping list
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can large white hominy, drained shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute the onions and green pepper for 5 to 10 minutes, adding the cayenne and cumin, until onions are translucent.
- Add the buffalo and cook until browned.
- Add the beer and chili powder, stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and hominy.
- Add salt to taste.
- Simmer for an hour or more.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Wow, this sounds different and so delicious! I love beer in chilis, and a very interesting addition of hominy here! I didn't know Kroger carried ground buffalo, I'll have to make a trip there! Love the picture!juels in Clayton loved it
I am a self-professed chili expert, and this recipe looks to be outstanding. Thanks.rottman in Nottingham loved it
This chili tasted very good. Also, it is very filling. Good recipe!youngt2 in Harrodsburg loved it