Buffalo Black Beans N Beer ChiliFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 pound ground buffalo (available at Kroger) shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 3 (10-ounce) cans rotel brand tomatoes (with green chiles) shopping list
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can large white hominy, drained shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute the onions and green pepper for 5 to 10 minutes, adding the cayenne and cumin, until onions are translucent.
- Add the buffalo and cook until browned.
- Add the beer and chili powder, stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and hominy.
- Add salt to taste.
- Simmer for an hour or more.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
I am a self-professed chili expert, and this recipe looks to be outstanding. Thanks.rottman in Nottingham loved it
Wow, this sounds different and so delicious! I love beer in chilis, and a very interesting addition of hominy here! I didn't know Kroger carried ground buffalo, I'll have to make a trip there! Love the picture!juels in Clayton loved it
This chili tasted very good. Also, it is very filling. Good recipe!youngt2 in Harrodsburg loved it