Mushroom Risotto FrittersFrom aussie_meat_pie 8 years ago
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 20g butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup arborio or short grain rice shopping list
- 150g small button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- oil, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Bring stock to the boil in a small pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer slowly until needed. Heat oil and butter heavy-based pan. Add onion; stir over medium heat 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice; cook further 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add hot stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring constantly, until all stock is absorbed. Repeat process until all stock has been added and rice is just tender and creamy, stirring constantly. (This will take about 20 minutes.) Stir in cheese and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl to cool; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. With wetted hands, shape 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into flat rounds. Refrigerate for 15minutes.
- Heat about 2cm oil in a non-stick pan. Cook fritters 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Served with relish if desired.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating5 people
looks wonderful!midgelet in Eastern loved it
these sound great... you could most likely use leftover risotto.... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This sounds really good to me a great party pleaser.
I am already a risotto fan and make it often taking it to the next level will be easy and I can not wait to try this.
Five forks and a great big happy smile :)trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!