Chicken Breasts With Barbeque Blueberry SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely minced white onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1/4" thickness shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, allspice, cayenne, ketchup and blueberries in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken then heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce into the skillet and turn chicken over to completely coat.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
Just picked up fresh blueberries at Publix. On sale 2 for $5.00. Out looking for the perfect sauce and here it is. This is whats for dinner on Friday. I'll let you know how it turns out and try to get a picture for you.
FYI I reposted this on LiveStrong.com to get the nutrition calculations. Minor change substituting Splenda for the sugar and SaltSense for salt for dietary reasons.
This has the Mr. SuchAFuss seal of approval as well as mine. I caution folks not to exceed the recommended 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper. I thought I held true to that but my hand may have shaked. I didn't ruin the sauce but came close. I will serve t...more
- Not added to any groups yet!