MadeleinesFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- . shopping list
- Ingredients for the cookies: shopping list
- 3 ounces raw almonds shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 5 ounces fine semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or Original Blend coffee, finely ground shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toasty and fragrant.
- Set them aside to cool. Watch carefully that they do not burn.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375°F. and spray a nonstick madeleine pan) with a thin film of cooking spray.
- Place the madeleine pan on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large saucepan with water.
- When it is simmering, place the butter and chocolate in a medium metal mixing bowl and place the bowl over the saucepan but do not allow it to touch the water.
- (You can use a double boiler, too, but make sure the top pan does not touch the water in the bottom pan.)
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and velvety.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar until well incorporated.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a food processor or grinder, grind almonds, flour, and coffee grounds until they form a very fine powder.
- To combine all the ingredients, add the eggs, one at a time, to the melted chocolate, stirring to completely incorporate.
- Add whiskey, dry mixture, and stir well but do not overmix or batter can become too thin.
- Chill if needed to thicken mixture
- Fill madeline molds about 2/3 full.
- Depending on the size of the molds bake 10 to 15 minutes or pale golden and set.
- Yield also depends on size of molds
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
These sound heavenly! Love the whiskey and coffee addition here!juels in Clayton loved it
WOW. I have recipes for Madeleines but nothing like this one. These sound incredible. Thanks so much for posting it cause I'll be trying them out real soon.55555+++++brianna in loved it
I love this recipe! I haven't seen one like this one so I'm eager to try this.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it