SMOKED MOZZARELLA AND PENNE SALAD from the Whole Foods CookbookFrom cheflette 6 years ago
- THE PARMESAN DRESSING shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 and 1/2 tsp.) shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- THE SALAD shopping list
- 1/2 pound penne pasta shopping list
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, washed and stemmed shopping list
- 2 small jarred roasted red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, diced shopping list
How to make it
- TO PREPARE THE PARMESAN DRESSING
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper with a hand mixer or in the bowl of food processor or in a blender until the dressing is smooth.
- TO PREPARE THE SALAD
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta into a colander, run cold water over it or submerge it in ice water until chilled through, and drain well. IN a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach, roasted red peppers, and smoked mozzarella.
The Cookcheflette Albuquerque, NM
The Rating2 people
Pretty close, but only use half the vinegar and add the parsley when you add the spinach--if you blenderize the parsley the dressing is much greener than the Whole Foods recipe.GoatGirl in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!