Lemon Chicken Burgers With Caramelised OnionFrom aussie_meat_pie 7 years ago
- 500g minced chicken shopping list
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish shopping list
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil shopping list
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 avocado, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yogurt shopping list
- 50g mixed salad leaves shopping list
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 soft bread rolls, halved, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, brown onion, coriander and lemon rind. Season. Using wet hands, shape into 4 patties and place on a tray.
- Heap 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook patties for 4-5 mins each side, until browned and cooked through. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil on low-medium heat and cook 3/4 of red onion for 5-8 mins, adding sugar halfway through, stirring, until soft and brown.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Stack leaves, most of caramelised onion, and patties, cucumber and tomato on roll bases. Drizzle over avocado mix. Top with raw onion, extra coriander and remaining caramelised onion. Season with pepper and serve burgers open. Set top bun resting on burger.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating4 people
Yum, yum, yum. This sounds fantastic. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I agree with chef, sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Great variety of flavors in this recipe! Thanks -- and HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!