Gordon Ramseys Hot Chocolate SoufflesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- For the dishes shopping list
- 25 g unsalted butter for greasing shopping list
- finely grated chocolate ( or sugar ) shopping list
- Cream Pastry: shopping list
- 20 g cornflour shopping list
- 200 ml milk shopping list
- 200 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, chopped shopping list
- 80 g egg yolks shopping list
- egg white mixture shopping list
- 200 g egg whites shopping list
- 150 g caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder for decoration shopping list
How to make it
- MethodFor the dishes
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Brush 8 ramekins (8cm in width, 4-5cm in height) with the softened butter in upward strokes, from the base to the rim.
- Chill the dishes for 5 minutes, then as an insurance policy so the souffe doesn't stick to the dish, apply a second coat as before.
- Sprinkle a little grated chocolate into each dish, tilting and rolling the dishes around to line them with an even layer of chocolate.
- He also said one could sprinkle inside each dish with some sugar too
- Cream patissiere:
- slake the corn flour with a little of the milk, then gradually add the rest of the milk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour into a small pan, and slowly bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Boil for 30 seconds then off the heat, add the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks until smooth before transferring to a bowl to cool.
- Egg white mixture
- In an artisan mixer, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gradually start to add in the sugar, whisking well in between each addition.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk until you have a thick and glossy mixture.
- Add one third of the egg whites into the chocolate cream patisserie mixture and mix well.
- Now add in the remaining egg white and gently fold into the mix.
- Do not over work the mixture as it will become too hard and stiff.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Level the surface with a palate knife then bake for 6-8 minutes, or until well risen and with a slightly wobbly centre.
- Remove from the oven and dust with the remaining cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- When cut into, these will have a chocolate runny center!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Mmmmm....these sound decadent! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it
Wow, wow, wow......I am now drooling. Fantastic post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
looks wow!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
French Group132 members
Chocolate Dreams353 members
Party Food316 members
Choco Lovers137 members
All Holidays135 members
All About Choclate85 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Television TV Famous Chefs66 members