Cauliflower with Cheesy Dijon SauceFrom irishmama 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pull the leaves off your cauliflower and cut off the stem.
- Put it on a rack in a big stockpot with about an inch of water in the bottom and bring to a boil. (If you're like me and don't have a rack, just leave enough stem for it to balance on and not quite sit directly in the water.)
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until you smell it.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 c. of mayo with 3 T of dijon mustard and 2-3 tsp. garlic powder. Mix well and then add the cheddar.
- Remove the cooked cauliflower head to a baking dish, and spread on the mayo mix.
- Broil long enough to melt the cheese and just barely begin browning parts of it.
- Take out and use a knife to remove any remaining stem. It will be very soft and easy to do.
- Then use a spoon to break the cauliflower up and mix the sauce in well. (If you've got any stem left, you'll find it during this step because it won't break up easily.)
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookirishmama Chesterfield, MI
The Rating4 people
This sounds great.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Imagine my DElight when I logged in tonight and saw my grandchildrens smiling faces on my "My Stuff" page!!! That made my day...and I was also very glad to hear they all liked the cauliflower dish (even you - wow!)...thanks for posting it so I can t...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
You KNOW what a visual person I am! That's why I like all those pictures of my grandchildren!! Keep that camera ready, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you're coming up with next - cooking at home isn't so bad after all, is it?? Ok, so you h...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!