Oven Fried ChickenFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 8 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together buttermilk, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, breadcrumbs, remaining garlic powder, remaining black pepper , remaining salt, poultry seasoning, paprika and cayenne.
- Drizzle oil over crumbs and toss.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in crumbs, firmly pressing crumbs onto all sides of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
- Serve warm or cold.