Okra with Tomato Sauce Greek StyleFrom despinap 7 years ago
How to make it
- Trim the cone shaped tops from the okra, wash, drain and dry thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the chopped onion.
- Cook gently until the onion is tender.
- Add the okra, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup water.
- Mix again.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to one hour until sauce is thickened, adding additional water if necessary.
The Cookdespinap Brooklyn, NY
The Rating5 people
My husband will love this one for sure. He is a huge okra fan. Thanks for posting this delight. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I just love okra and tomatoes - this is basically the same way I make it, and it's really yummy.
Thanks so much for posting!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Thanks for posting this! Some say okra is "slimy." Well, maybe it is when it's undercooked, but if you follow this recipe it won't be. It will be tender, rich, and yummy. By the way, if you fancy embellishing this a bit, try adding a couple...moreBigH65 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!