Japanese Chicken KatsuFrom littlesponger 5 years ago
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil for frying, or as needed shopping list
- -SAUCE- shopping list
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For the sauce, stir together the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and soy sauce, and a pinch of pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Season flattened chicken with salt & pepper.
- Dip flattened chicken pieces first into flour, then egg, and lastly bread crumbs.
- Fry breaded chicken breasts in preheated oil until golden brown and no longer pink in center, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Slice chicken into thin strips and top with a drizzle of sauce.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating6 people
I love this with Bull*Dog Sauce. Big 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
SWEETIE, THIS ALSO LOOKS WONDERFUL. ^5. THANK YOU FOR SHARING...CHERYLcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
this will be perfect...was looking forever for an "easy" version of this recipe!shecooks4u in Phoenix loved it